Alexander Petrovich Alexandrov was a twice Hero of Socialist Labor, Honored Builder of the RSFSR (1966), engineer-lieutenant colonel. He was born on December 4 (17), 1906 in the village of Khotilitsy (now it is Andreapolsky district, Tver province). He was Russian. In 1926 he graduated from the Moscow Polytechnic College. Until 1930 he worked as a surveyor, foreman on the construction of roads in Kazakhstan. In 1933 he graduated from the Central Asian Road Institute in Tashkent. He supervised the construction of roads on the Kurdai Pass, on the Muscol–Margat section of the Osh–Pamir–Khorog road. In 1936-1954 he served in the NKVD-Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR as an engineer-lieutenant colonel. Since 1936 he was an engineer, chief engineer of the construction of the Frunze – Osh highway. In 1942-1948 he was a chief engineer of the construction of the Moscow – Kuibyshev highway. In 1948-1952 he was a Head of the Krasnoarmeysky Construction District of the Volga-Don Shipping Canal Construction Department. For particularly outstanding services and selfless work on the construction and commissioning of the Volga-Don Shipping Canal by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated September 19, 1952 Alexander Petrovich Alexandrov was awarded the title of Hero of Socialist Labor with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Hammer and Sickle gold medal. In 1952-1953 he was a head of the Construction Department of the Tsimlyanskaya HPP (it was commissioned in July 1952) and irrigation systems of the Rostov region. In 1953-1956 he was a head of the Construction Department of the right bank of Kuibyshev Hydrostroy. He actively participated in the construction of the Kuibyshev (now it is Zhigulevskaya) hydroelectric power station, commissioned in December 1955. In 1956 – 1962 he was the head of the Stalingrad Hydrostroy department. He supervised the construction of the Volgograd (now it is Volga) hydroelectric power station, commissioned in 1961. Alexander Petrovich Alexandrov was awarded the second gold medal “Hammer and Sickle” by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated September 9, 1961 for his selfless work and skillful leadership of the construction of the Stalingrad hydroelectric complex. From 1962 to 1966 he was a chief Soviet expert on the construction of the high–altitude Aswan dam in Egypt. Its first stage was commissioned in May 1964, and the first electric current was received in November 1967. In 1966 – 1978 he was a deputy Minister of Energy and Electrification of the USSR. He was a permanent representative of the USSR Ministry of Energy for the construction of an automobile plant in Togliatti (1967 – 1970), the first stage of KAMAZ (1970-1976), the Orenburg Gas Processing Plant. He participated in the construction of a dam in Syria, in the restoration of a hydroelectric power plant in Vietnam. Since 1978 he was a Dputy Chairman of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Ministry of Energy of the USSR and editor-in-chief of the journal “Hydraulic Engineering Construction”. He lived in Moscow.
Address: Moscow, Bolshaya Bronnaya str., 2/6