Andrey Matveyevich Andreev was the commander of the 125th Rifle Corps (47th Army, 1st Belorussian Front), Colonel-General, Hero of the Soviet Union. In 1935 he graduated from the Higher Border School of the NKVD (Moscow). In 1935-1938, he served as an assistant to the regiment commander in the political unit, division commander, the head of the regimental school and battalion commander in the 13th Alma-Ata Motorized Rifle Regiment of the NKVD troops (Kazakhstan). He was a participant of the Soviet-Finnish War: in November 1939 – March 1940 – the commander of the 5th operational regiment of the NKVD troops. He was a participant of the Great Patriotic War: in June-July 1941 – the commander of the 5th border detachment of the NKVD troops, in July-September 1941 – the head of the guard of the military rear of the 23rd Army. He fought on the Northern (June-August 1941) and Leningrad (August-September 1941) fronts. He participated in defensive battles north of Leningrad. At the beginning of September 1941, he led the detachments of the people’s militia in the city of Sestroretsk (now in St. Petersburg). He especially distinguished himself during the Warsaw-Poznan operation. On January 15, 1945 the corps formations under his command broke through the enemy’s fortified positions, successfully crossed the Vistula River north of Warsaw, together with the infantry, transporting artillery over thin ice, and created a threat of encirclement for the fascist group. On January 17, 1945 Warsaw was liberated. Within 10 days (January 15-25, 1945), corps units and formations liberated about 500 settlements, inflicted great damage to the enemy in manpower and equipment, and captured about 2,000 prisoners. After the war, until January 1946, he continued to command the 125th Rifle Corps (in the Group of Soviet Troops in Germany). In January-August 1946 he was the Commander of the 4th Guards Rifle Corps (in the Group of Soviet Troops in Germany). In August 1946 – May 1947 he was the commander of the 7th Guards Rifle Corps (in the Leningrad Military District), in April 1947 – June 1948 – the commander of the 19th Rifle Corps (in the Transcaucasian Military District).
Address: Moscow, Mosfilmovskaya str., 11, building 4