Georgy Osipovich Komarov was a military commander, participant of the Great Patriotic War, Major General of Aviation, the Hero of the Soviet Union. In September 1926, he was called up to serve in the Red Army, was enrolled as a cadet in the 2nd Moscow Artillery School, but a year later transferred to the Tver Cavalry School named after him. He graduated from the Comintern in 1930, then served in the 20th Salsk Cavalry Regiment of the 4th Leningrad Cavalry Division: a commander of a cavalry platoon, commander of a platoon of a regimental school, after completing five–month advanced training courses for the command staff of the light vehicular troops in Moscow in 1932, since September 1932 he was the commander of the armored squadron of the 2nd mechanized regiment of this division. In 1933 former cavalryman and tankman Georgy Osipovich Komarov was transferred to the Red Army Air Force. In 1934 he graduated from the 2nd military school of pilots named after Osoaviakhim in Borisoglebsk. In 1935-1937 he served as the flight commander of the 11th Assault Aviation Squadron of the Siberian Military District Air Force in Novosibirsk, then sent to study. In 1939 he graduated from the Military Academy of the Red Army named after M.V. Frunze, became an inspector of the Military-Industrial Group of the Military-Industrial Commission under the Council of People’s Commissars of the USSR, since May 1939 he was an inspector of the control group under the People’s Commissar of Defence of the USSR. Since 1940 he was the Assistant commander of the 217th high-speed bomber Aviation Regiment of the Air Force of the Oryol Military District. He fought in the same regiment on the Bryansk Front: from August 1941 he was the commander of the 431st Assault Aviation Regiment of the 4th Reserve Aviation Group, from 1942 he was the commander of the 228th Aviation Division. The commander of the 2nd Guards Assault Aviation Division of the 16th Air Army of the 1st Belorussian Front Guard Major General Georgy Osipovich Komarov distinguished himself during the Berlin offensive operation in 1945. After the end of the war, he continued his service. In July 1945, he was appointed as the commander of the 6th Assault Aviation Corps in the Group of Soviet Troops in Germany. From March 1947 he served as the assistant Commander of the 9th Air Army in the Primorsky Military District. He participated in nuclear weapons tests in 1949 (the first Soviet nuclear device) and 1951 (the first dropping of an atomic bomb from an airplane). In 1952 he was sent to study and in 1954 he completed Higher Academic Courses at Higher Military Academy named after K.E. Voroshilov. In 1954 he was the Assistant of the Commander of the Air Force of the Volga Military District, in 1955 he was a Senior lecturer of tactics and operational art of the Military Academy of Communications and the Head of the Military Department of Leningrad Forestry Academy, in 1956 he was the Head of the Department of Tactics and History of Military Art of the Leningrad Air Force Engineering Academy named after A.F. Mozhaisky. In 1959, he was dismissed to the reserve.
Address: Moscow, Marshal Novikov str., 9