Memorial sign in the square named after the 60th anniversary of the Victory
The memorial sign is an irregularly shaped red stone. On both sides of the stone there are two anchors connected by a chain. A metal plate with a commemorative inscription is fixed on the stone: “The stone was installed on the occasion of the laying by the administrations of the hero cities of Moscow and Novorossiysk of the square of the 60th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.” Below the inscription there is the image of the St. George ribbon. During the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, the honor and dignity, sovereignty of the multinational Soviet Union were protected, and the world was freed from the threat of Nazi enslavement. The victory of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War came at a high price. In 1941-1945 the Soviet Union lost a large number of army and navy personnel, civilians, weapons, military equipment. A large number of cultural and art monuments were looted and destroyed by the Nazis. Many cities and settlements were destroyed and burned. The German occupiers inflicted enormous damage on the national economy of the USSR, barbarously destroying 1,710 cities, 70,000 villages and settlements, blowing up and destroying about 32,000 industrial enterprises. The war became a serious test of the economic and organizational capabilities of the Soviet State. Our people remember and highly appreciate the courage and valor of the resistance fighters. However, the historical truth is that it was the Soviet people and their valiant army that blocked the path of Nazism to world domination, experienced the brunt of the war and made the most serious contribution to the defeat of Nazi Germany. It was the Soviet people who, with their incredible efforts, bloody work on the front line and in the rear, put maximum effort and means to achieve Victory in the most brutal and bloody war of mankind.
Address: Moscow, Novorossiyskaya str., 38