Monument dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Nazi troops defeat on the Kursk Bulge
The stele was installed in memory of the 65th anniversary of the defeat of the Nazi troops on the Kursk Bulge. The object is a boulder of rough granite, mounted vertically. The front side of the memorial stone is polished, and a dedicatory inscription is applied to the entire height of the monument in slotted letters, above which a five-pointed star is placed. A St. George ribbon is placed under the inscription. The Battle of Kursk is one of the largest battles of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, in which the Soviet Army thwarted the last major offensive of the German–Fascist troops on the Soviet-German front and finally consolidated the strategic initiative in its hands. In the 50-day Battle of Kursk, up to 30 enemy divisions, including 7 tank divisions, were defeated. The total losses of the German Fascist troops killed, seriously wounded and missing amounted to over 500 thousand people. The Soviet Air Force finally gained air supremacy. A big role in the Battle of Kursk was played by a tank battle near the village of Prokhorovka – in the area of the village of Prokhorovka in the largest tank battle of the Great Patriotic War, in which up to 1,200 tanks and self-propelled guns participated on both sides. The victory of the USSR in the Battle of Kursk was a turning point on the Eastern Front – after it, Germany lost the strategic initiative and until the very end of the war was forced only to respond to the actions of the Red Army. This would have been impossible without the heroism of the soldiers of the 5th Guards Tank Army, who sacrificed their lives for the Victory over Nazism, taking part in numerous tank battles, the bloodiest of which was the tank battle near the village of Prokhorovka.
Address: Moscow, Kurskaya str., Lublino district