Monument to the died soldiers – residents of the Kapotnya district
The monument is a sculpture of a Soviet soldier made of concrete and covered with a bronze-colored paint layer. It is installed on a concrete pedestal lined with artificial stone. The soldier is depicted in a military uniform with a greatcoat draped over his shoulders. The left hand is raised above the head, in the right the soldier holds a machine gun. The dedicatory inscription on a marble memorial plaque says: “1941-1945. Eternal glory to the soldiers who fell in the battles for the honor and independence of our great Motherland.” The most severe consequences of the Great Patriotic War for the Soviet Union are its human losses – military personnel and civilians, amounting to 26.6 million people. This figure was obtained as a result of extensive statistical research by demographers and the subsequent work (in the late 80s of the XX century) of the state commission for the clarification of human losses. It was published in a rounded form (“almost 27 million people”) at a solemn meeting of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on May 8, 1990, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War. The specified number of total human losses (26.6 million people) includes soldiers and partisans killed in battle and died of wounds and diseases, starved to death, civilians killed during bombing, artillery shelling and punitive actions, prisoners of war shot and tortured in concentration camps, underground workers, as well as workers, peasants and employees, stolen for hard labor.
Address: Moscow, 2nd quarter Kapotnya district