Monument to Workers of the former state farm named after Gorky
In July 1941, the 4th company of the Tagansky Fighter Battalion was formed from volunteers of the state farm and other enterprises, which later fought as a part of the 436 regiment 155 of the Stanislavsky Red Banner, the former 4th Moscow Communist Rifle Division. Until 2004, the monument to the fallen soldiers was located on the territory of the state farm named after Gorky in the industrial zone of the Ryazan district. Nowadays, the state farm named after Gorky was transferred to the Nekrasovka district, and the monument was first dismantled and taken to a new territory, then it was decided to restore it at the intersection of Vasiltsovsky Stan and Okskaya streets. A workshop led by sculptor S.A. Shcherbakov was involved in the restoration of the monument. Many fighters who were the part of the 4th company of the Tagansky Fighter Battalion sacrificed their lives in order to bring Victory closer. The most severe consequences of the Great Patriotic War for the Soviet Union are its human losses – military personnel and civilians, amounting to 26.6 million people. This figure was obtained as a result of extensive statistical research by demographers and the subsequent work (in the late 80s of the XX century) of the state commission for the clarification of human losses. It was published in a rounded form («almost 27 million people») at a solemn meeting of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on May 8, 1990, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War. The specified number of total human losses (26.6 million people) includes soldiers and partisans killed in battle and died of wounds and diseases, starved to death, civilians killed during bombing, artillery shelling and punitive actions, prisoners of war shot and tortured in concentration camps, underground workers, as well as workers, peasants and employees, stolen for hard labor.
Address: Moscow, Okskaya str., 3, bldg. 1