People’s Militia of the Moscow Electric Lamp Plant, ATE-1, Transformer Plant and Electric Machinery Plant was Formed in This Building
On the night of July 1-2, 1941, a meeting was held in the Central Committee of the CPSU (b), to which the secretaries of the Moscow regional, city and district party committees were invited. The participants of the meeting were familiarized with the situation at the front and with the measures developed by the Central Committee of the CPSU (b) and the State Defense Committee. In addition, it was reported that the Central Committee of the party considers it necessary to form on a voluntary basis, the divisions of the people’s militia and invited party organizations on the ground to lead this noble cause. On the evening of July 2, 1941, the secretaries of the Moscow Regional, City and district Party committees, the Military Council of the Moscow Military District, representatives of the General Staff and the People’s Commissariat of Defense, city and district military commissars gathered in the Moscow City Party Committee. During the meeting, the decision of the Central Committee of the CPSU(b) was brought to the attention of those present and the Soviet government on the formation of divisions of the people’s militia from among volunteers – workers, employees, engineering and technical workers, employees of educational, scientific, Soviet and party institutions. On July 4, 1941, the resolution of the State Defense Committee «On the voluntary mobilization of the workers of Moscow and the Moscow Region in the People’s Militia Division» was adopted. The 2nd Moscow Division of the People’s Militia was formed in the period from July 4 to July 7 1941 as the 2nd Moscow Division of the People’s Militia of the Stalinskiy district. It was replenished by militias from the Balashikha, Serpukhov, Shatura districts of the Moscow Region and partly by the militia of the 22nd Moscow Division of the People’s Militia of the Kominternovskiy district, as well as conscripts from the construction army of the Kalinin and Ryazan regions.
Address: Moscow, Nizhny Zhuravlev lane, 3