Pyotr Nikolaevich Pospelov was the Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, candidate for the Presidium of the Central Committee of the CPSU. He was born in the village of Kuznetsovo, the Korchevsky district, the Tver province (now it is the city of Konakovo, the Konakovsky district, the Tver region) in a family of employees. From 1918 to 1919 he worked in the Bolshevik underground in Chelyabinsk. After the overthrow of the Soviet power in Chelyabinsk, he was a member of an underground organization, member of the central bureau of trade unions, organizer of the convocation of the “workers’ union”, secretary of the conciliation chamber, which resolved conflicts between workers and entrepreneurs of the city. In April 1918 he was arrested and sent to the Aleksander Central by the “train of death”. During the uprising that began, he was released. He took part in the partisan movement in Siberia. In 1920 he returned to Tver. Since 1924 he was in the apparatus of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b). He was an instructor of the propaganda and agitation Department of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b). In 1930 he graduated from the economics department of the Institute of the Red Professorship. Since 1931, he worked in the editorial offices of the Bolshevik magazine and the Pravda newspaper. In the period from 1934 to 1937 he was the head of the press group of the Party Control Commission under the Central Committee of the CPSU (b). Since 1937 he was the Deputy Head of the Department, Deputy Head of the Propaganda and Agitation Department of the Central Committee of the CPSU (b). In the period from 1940 to 1949 he held the position of the editor-in-chief of the newspaper Pravda. During the Great Patriotic War, he wrote articles about the patriotic traditions of the peoples of the USSR, about the role of Soviet historical science in the fight against fascists, exposing fascist ideology and politics. He handed over the Stalin Prize (1943) to the Defence Fund together with a team of other laureates (15 people in total). From 1949 to 1952 and from 1961 to 1967 he was the Director of the Institute of Marx–Engels–Lenin (Marxism-Leninism) at the Central Committee of the CPSU (b). From 1952 to 1953 he held the position of the deputy editor-in-chief of the newspaper Pravda.
Address: Moscow, Serafimovicha str., 2