Monument to graduates of the school who died in the Great Patriotic War
The monument is installed at 67, Nizhegorodskaya Street on the territory of School No. 481. It is dedicated to the graduates of the school who defended their homeland during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and died on the battlefields. The monument is a wall decorated with red brick. There are two metal commemorative plaques on it. The first is in the form of a shield with a dedicatory inscription: “Eternal glory!”, the second, below, is rectangular – it lists 11 names of teachers and students of school No. 481 who died in the war. The most severe consequences of the Great Patriotic War for the Soviet Union are its human losses – military personnel and civilians, amounting to 26.6 million people. This figure was obtained as a result of extensive statistical research by demographers and the subsequent work (in the late 80s of the XX century) of the state commission for the clarification of human losses. It was published in a rounded form (“almost 27 million people”) at a solemn meeting of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on May 8, 1990, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War. The specified number of total human losses (26.6 million people) includes soldiers and partisans killed in battle and died of wounds and diseases, starved to death, civilians killed during bombing, artillery shelling and punitive actions, prisoners of war and underground workers shot and tortured in concentration camps, as well as workers, peasants and employees, stolen for hard labor.
Address: Moscow, Nizhegorodskaya str., 67