Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God in Losinoostrovskoe. Patriarchal compound

In March 1916, the construction of the Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God in Losinoostrovskaya began. If in August 1914 there was an extraordinary rise in patriotic sentiments, then at the beginning of 1916 there was fatigue in society from the prolonged war, rising prices for food, fuel, and other essential goods. The hospitals of Moscow and the surrounding suburbs, patronized by Grand Duchess Elisaveta Fedorovna, continued to receive a stream of wounded and sick officers and lower ranks. A large number of refugees arrived from Poland, from the western governorates. There were significant difficulties in regular railway communication; special columns “Railway News” appeared in newspapers. Crime increased dramatically. Prohibition was in effect. In this regard, the beginning of the construction of the temple was postponed. At the beginning of 1916, A.A. Nedykhlyaev, a well-known entrepreneur and philanthropist who had a house in Losinka, proposed to arrange a marching altar in the assembly hall of the gymnasium, in which some church festive services and prayer services had been held for several years. On March 6, 1916 according to the old style, on the second Sunday of Lent, the construction site – in the park, not far from the gymnasium – was consecrated. The construction began. The architectural design of the temple was carried out by V.A. Mazyrin, a long-time associate of A. Nedykhlyaev. It was assumed that the Church of the Life–Giving Trinity in Losinoostrovskaya would be a two-altar, the second throne – in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. They began to build it from the Kazan chapel with a belfry. In May 1917, an independent parish was opened. No further construction was carried out. So, the church was called both Trinity, and the Church of the Icon of the Mother of God of Kazan in Losinoostrovskaya, and Trinity-Kazan. The temple was closed in the mid-1920s; the building housed the local executive committee. In the late 1930s, the executive committee moved to a new building. The temple was demolished. Today the house in 13/4 in Kominterna Street is located in its place. Nowadays the Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, the Patriarchal compound in Losinoostrovskaya has been restored.

Address: Moscow, Anadyrsky ave., 8