Church of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos (Mother of God) in Vladykino

The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Vladykino is a parish Orthodox church in the Otradnoye district in the north of Moscow, in the former village of Vladykino. It belongs to the Sergievsky deanery of the Moscow Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. The first church in honor of the Nativity of the Virgin (instead of the dilapidated St. Nicholas Church) was built around 1627, when Prince Ivan Ivanovich Shuisky was the owner of the village. In 1653, the village became the patriarchal patrimony and was named Vladykino. On May 19, 1690 Tsar Peter Alekseevich visited Vladykino and together with Patriarch Adrian prayed at the liturgy in the church of the village. The first stone church was built in 1770; the bell tower was erected by Count K. G. Razumovsky, the owner of the neighboring village of Petrovskoye. In 1854-1858, the church was completely rebuilt by the architect A. F. Yaroshevsky. In 1859, the new three-altar church (with side chapels of Archangel Michael and Archangel Gabriel) was consecrated; the main altar in honor of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos was consecrated by Metropolitan Filaret (Drozdov). In Soviet times, the church was not closed for worship. In the 1970s. there were plans to demolish the church during the construction of an overpass at the beginning of the Altufyevskoe highway, but the parishioners managed to save it. In 2013, for the first time in the entire post-Soviet history of the church, a patriarchal service was performed. The service was led by Patriarch Kirill.

Address: Moscow, Altufyevskoe highway, 4, building 1