Communist Workers’ Battalion of the Oktyabrskiy District of the 3rd Moscow Rifle Division of the People’s Militia was Formed in This Building in 1941
The 3rd Moscow Communist Rifle Division was formed from October 17 to October 24, 1941 at School № 3 at Chapaevsky Lane, 6 out of 25 communist and workers’ battalions on the basis of the resolution of the State Defense Committee of July 4, 1941. The 1st Rifle Regiment included the battalions of Dzerzhinskiy, Zheleznodorozhniy, Kievskiy, Krasnopresnenskiy, Leningradskiy, Leninskiy, Moskvoretskiy, Oktyabrskiy, Sverdlovskiy, Sovietskiy, Taganskiy, Timiryazevskiy and Frunzenskiy districts of Moscow. The 2nd Rifle Regiment included battalions of the Baumanskiy, Kalininskiy, Kirovskiy, Kominternovskiy, Krasnogvardeyskiy, Kuibyshevskiy, Molotovskiy, Pervomaiskiy, Proletarskiy, Rostokinskiy, Sokolnicheskiy and Stalinskiy districts of Moscow. A memorial plaque has been erected in memory of the formation of the Communist workers’ battalion of the Oktyabrskiy district, which was part of the 3rd Moscow Communist Rifle Division.
Address: Moscow, Pistsovaya str., 14A