Communist Workers’ Battalions of the 3rd Moscow Rifle Division of the People’s Militia Were Formed in This Building in 1941
The 3rd Moscow Communist Rifle Division was formed from October 15 to October 20, 1941. Its Commander was Colonel N.P. Anisimov, the military commissar – senior battalion Commissar A.P. Lazarev. From January 22, 1942 it named 130th Rifle Division, from December 8, 1942 – 53rd Guards Rifle Division. The honorary name of the 3rd Moscow Communist Rifle Division is the Tartu Red Banner. The division was assigned the 1st combat section, the Northern Group of Troops for the Defence of Moscow, the North-Western Group of Troops for the Defence of Moscow, the division of Moscow workers, the 130th Rifle Division, the 54th Guards Rifle Division. It included the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Communist Komsomol (workers’) regiments – the 218th Artillery Regiment (art regiment of the North-Western Group of Troops for the Defence of Moscow), a light artillery regiment, separate units and special forces. At School № 3 in 6, Chapaevskiy Lane on October 24, the division was formed from several Communist battalions and one artillery regiment, which was soon transformed into the 3rd Moscow Communist Rifle Division. By order of the Deputy People ‘s Commissar of Defence of the USSR dated January 19 1942, it was reorganized into the 130th Rifle Division. The division consisted of such famous military men as the deputy political commissar of a separate platoon of tank destroyers, later the first secretary of the Moscow City Committee of the CPSU N.G. Egorychev and a Red Army soldier of the 1st Rifle Regiment, later a Soviet and Russian scientist and designer in the field of automation, computer science and computer technology, Doctor of technical sciences, professor, winner of the Stalin Prize B.M. Kagan.
Address: Moscow, Rusakovskaya str., 10, p. 1