Georgy Ivanovich Lashin was a senior pilot of the 861st Bomber Aviation Regiment (244th Bomber Aviation Division, 17th Air Army, 3rd Ukrainian Front), Lieutenant. He was born on May 1, 1920 in the village of Sekretarka, now it is in the Serdobsky district of the Penza region, in a peasant family. Since 1932 he lived in Moscow. Here he finished high school, an aeroclub. In 1940 he was drafted into the Red Army. He graduated from the Kirovabad Military Aviation School of Pilots in 1943. He was at the front during the Great Patriotic War since November 1943. He fought as a part of the 861st Bomber Aviation Regiment. The first flight was made by an A-20 “Boston” aircraft in the midst of the Dniester offensive. In 1944 he joined the CPSU(b). He became a specialist in aerial reconnaissance. He often performed particularly important tasks in strategic intelligence. He managed to photograph six European capitals from the air under enemy anti-aircraft fire: Bucharest, Sofia, Athens, Belgrade, Budapest and Vienna. By May 1945 the senior pilot of the 861st Bomber Aviation Regiment, Lieutenant Lashin had made 236 sorties (121 of them for reconnaissance) and photographed a total area of 150 thousand square kilometers. 160 enemy airfields, 150 railway junctions, more than 3,000 km of defensive lanes and many other military facilities were recorded on kilometers of photographic film captured by his crew. In combat sorties, together with the crew, he shot down 3 enemy aircraft. By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated August 18, 1945, for exemplary performance of command tasks and courage and heroism in the battles with the Nazi invaders, Lieutenant Georgy Ivanovich Lashin was awarded the title of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star medal (N 5494). After the war, he continued to serve in the combat units of the Air Force. On April 18, 1946, Senior Lieutenant Lashin was killed in an air crash during a training flight on an airplane Po-2. He was buried in the city of Tecuci (Romania). He was awarded the Orders of Lenin, the Red Banner, the Patriotic War of the 1st and 2nd degree, the Red Star, medals. Museums were opened in the school in the village of Sekretarka and at school № 212 in Moscow, where he studied. In Moscow, memorial plaques are installed on the house where he lived before the war and on the school in the village of Sekretarka.
Address: Moscow, 4th Novomikhalkovsky ave., 9A