Memorial to the workers of the Fraser plant who died in the Great Patriotic War
The memorial was installed in memory of the fallen workers of the Moscow plant of cutting tools “Fraser” named after M.I. Kalinin in the Great Patriotic War in 1970. The most severe consequences of the Great Patriotic War for the Soviet Union are its human losses – military personnel and civilians, amounting to 26.6 million people. This figure was obtained as a result of extensive statistical research by demographers and the subsequent work (in the late 80s of the XX century) of the state commission for the clarification of human losses. It was published in a rounded form (“almost 27 million man”) at the solemn meeting of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on May 8, 1990, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War. The specified number of total human losses (26.6 million people) includes soldiers and partisans killed in battle and died of wounds and diseases, starved to death, civilians were killed during bombing, artillery shelling and punitive actions, prisoners of war shot and tortured in concentration camps, underground workers, as well as workers, peasants and employees, stolen for hard labor. In the center of the memorial to the workers of the Fraser plant who died in the Great Patriotic War there is a stele decorated with the Order of the Patriotic War, below there is the inscription “1941-1945”, on the pedestal next to the stele there is a bowl of Eternal Flame. The Moscow plant of cutting tools “Fraser” was the largest enterprise of the USSR for the production of standard and special cutting tools for the metalworking and machine-building industries, including high-precision tools for the watch and instrument-making industry. In the face of the threat of the seizure of Moscow in the autumn of 1941, the main material base of the plant was evacuated to Tomsk, where the production of metal-cutting tools for the USSR defence industry was hastily launched. In the future the bulk of the capacity was re-evacuated back to Moscow, but on the basis of the new production facilities formed in Siberia, the Tomsk Tool Factory was formed.
Address: Moscow, Fraser ave., houses. 2