Memorial complex for the victims of the Great Patriotic War
The memorial complex was established in 1969 in memory of the employees of the Salyut plant who died during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. The most severe consequences of the Great Patriotic War for the Soviet Union are its human losses – military personnel and civilians, amounting to 26.6 million people. This figure was obtained as a result of extensive statistical research by demographers and the subsequent work (in the late 80s of the XX century) of the state commission for the clarification of human losses. It was published in a rounded form (“almost 27 million man”) at the solemn meeting of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on May 8, 1990, dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Victory of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War. The specified number of total human losses (26.6 million people) includes soldiers and partisans killed in battle and died of wounds and diseases, starved to death, civilians were killed during bombing, artillery shelling and punitive actions, prisoners of war shot and tortured in concentration camps, underground workers, as well as workers, peasants and employees, stolen for hard labor. The memorial complex for those who died in the Great Patriotic War consists of a sculptural composition, memorial wall and Eternal Flame. The sculptural composition depicts a victorious Soviet soldier and a grieving mother who knelt before him. A plaque with the names of 22 dead factory workers is fixed on the memorial wall, and two urns with the sacred earth of the Piskarevsky cemetery of the hero city of Leningrad and the Mamaev Kurgan of the hero city of Stalingrad are placed in a niche on the right.
Address: Moscow, Plekhanova str., 6