Mikhail Yakovlevich Romanov was a military pilot, participant of the Great Patriotic War, the commander of the 3rd Squadron of the 565th Assault Aviation Stanislavsky Regiment of the 8th Air Army of the 4th Ukrainian Front, aviation colonel, the Hero of the Soviet Union. He was in the ranks of the Red Army since 1940. He graduated from the military Aviation school of pilots in Engels and Krasnodar Joint Military Aviation School. Since 1944 he fought on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War as a senior pilot, flight commander, navigator and commander of an aviation squadron. He completed 110 successful sorties. He was in reserve for health reasons since 1946. In 1953 he graduated from the Faculty of History of Kuibyshev Pedagogical Institute. After finishing Kuibyshev regional two–year party school in 1949, he worked in the apparatus of party and Soviet bodies – the Kuibyshev City Committee of the CPSU and the Kuibyshev Regional Committee of the CPSU. During this period, he took part in organizing the construction of the Kuibyshev hydroelectric power plant as a representative of the regional party committee. In 1960 he was transferred to Moscow as an instructor of the Department of Administrative and Trade and Financial Bodies of the Bureau of the Central Committee of the CPSU for the RSFSR. In 1962 he was promoted to the position of Deputy Head of the Main Archive Department under the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR. In connection with the liquidation of this Department in 1963, he was appointed the head of the political department of the Moscow Transport Department of Civil Aviation, worked in this position until the end of 1968. He was engaged in flight safety and took part in the organization of the construction of Moscow’s Vnukovo, Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo airports. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, 3 Orders of the Red Banner, Orders of the Patriotic War of the 1st degree, the Red Star, Soviet and other awards, including Czechoslovak medals.
Address: Moscow, Kosygina str., 5