to soldiers-employees of the hospital named after S.P. Botkin
On the territory of the hospital named after S.P. Botkin there is a monument in honor of the military doctors who in the Great Patriotic War not only saved the lives of wounded soldiers, but they themselves were forced to take up arms. The sculpture of a warrior with his hands folded on a machine gun is installed in the centre of a small area, to which a paved path leads. The mood of the fighter is by no means belligerent, because the main duty of doctors is to help and alleviate the suffering of people, and not to deprive them of their lives. During the Great Patriotic War, the hospital performed the functions of an infirmary, sometimes 600 or more wounded and sick people were admitted per day. In total, during the Great Patriotic War, more than 43 thousand servicemen were admitted to hospital for treatment, who were provided with qualified medical care. In 1947 by the decree of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the hospital was awarded the Order of Lenin.
Address: Moscow, 2nd Botkinsky ave., 5