to the deceased employees of the Scientific and Production Association «LEMZ» of a separate battalion of the People’s militia of the 155th Rifle Division
The monument is a metal obelisk topped with a five-pointed star and mounted on a pedestal of complex shape. The pedestal and the base are lined with granite tiles. A brass element in the form of a hammer and sickle is fixed at the base of the obelisk’s front part. On the main facade of the pedestal there is a memorial plaque with a dedicatory inscription made in superimposed letters: “Eternal glory to the factory workers who died for the honor, freedom and independence of our Motherland during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.” The 659th Rifle Regiment (later reorganized into the 155-rifle Division) was formed in the Voskhod House of Culture, which also included 240 volunteers from the LEMZ plant. During this period, the Germans had already reached Lobnya, Moscow was less than 20 km away. According to official data of the factory personnel department, 754 people went to the front during the war years, and only 114 people returned back. The battalions of the 155 Rifle Division were located on the third line of defence closest to the capital. On May 7, 1967 an obelisk was opened at the factory to workers who died in the war. The names of 113 volunteers are written in gold on marble slabs forever. 13 people are missing, 15 people died on the battlefields and in hospitals from wounds. Their surnames are not marked on the factory obelisk.
Address: Moscow, Dmitrovskoe highway, 110 (territory of NPO “LEMZ”)