Monument to the died pilots
The memorial sign is dedicated to the hero pilots, the crew of the 173rd aviation regiment of high-speed bombers of the 77th mixed aviation Division. It is a reclining aircraft propeller with the blades bent back. The back is framed by an architectural element in the form of a semicircular wall. There is a dedicatory plaque on the northern facade of the wall: “Eternal glory to the pilots of the lost crew in October 1942. Yu. B. Tikhomirov, A. Ya. Onchurov, P. A. Vorona “. A memorial sign “To the Defenders of the Moscow Sky” was installed on the territory of the school where the search team worked, after the discovery of fragments of the aircraft, it was found that on the territory of the village of Zyuzino on October 12, 1941, the SB-2 aircraft of the 173rd Aviation Regiment of the 77th Aviation Division of the Red Army Air Force was destroyed in an air battle. In the autumn of 1941, Nazi tank columns aimed at Moscow, stumbled upon the stubborn resistance of the people’s militia in the area of the nearest approaches to the capital. Fierce battles broke out everywhere. On October 12, 1941 the SB-2 aircraft of the 173rd Aviation Regiment of the 77th Aviation Division of the Red Army Air Force took to the sky. The crew commander, flight commander, pilot Lieutenant Yuri Petrovich Tikhomirov (1919-1941), gunner-bombardier-observer Lieutenant Alexey Yakovlevich Onchurov (1918-1941) and gunner radio operator, Sergeant Pavel Aleksandrovich Raven (1919-1941) were on board. The plane attacked an enemy convoy, but it was also attacked, and in the end the plane was shot down. The entire crew of the ship died. A small obelisk with the names of the heroes was also erected at the place of the death of the crew in Chertanovo in 1970, and on May 9, 1995 a memorial to the memory was opened. The grave of the crew commander A. Ya. Onchurov is also located there.
Address: Moscow, Bolshaya Yushunskaya str., 14