Monument to the Pilots of the 108th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment
The memorial sign was unveiled on the 60th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War on the territory of the district where the 108th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment was based in 1941-1942. The pilots of the regiment, which was formed in early May 1938 in Konotop and was based at an airfield on the territory of the modern Zhulebino microdistrict, took an active part in the Battle for Moscow. The pilots of the 108th regiment made 4,715 sorties, destroyed more than 300 aircraft, more than 400 tanks, five thousand units of military equipment, 60 military echelons and more than 20 thousand fascists during the years of the Great Patriotic War. The memorial sign is a metal obelisk in the form of a bent sheet of triangular shape, placed on a metal pedestal. The sharp end of the triangle, resembling the outline of an airplane, is directed into the sky and decorated with carved silhouettes of soaring planes. The obelisk and pedestal are painted silver.
Address: Moscow, Zhulebinsky b-r, vl. 9