Nikolai Nikolayevich Volgin was a Soviet military and statesman, one of the founders of the Soviet nuclear industry. He was a Major General of the Engineering and Technical Service and Hero of Socialist Labor (1962). Deputy Head of Glavpromstroy of the NKVD/Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR (1949-1951), first Head of Glavspetsneftestroy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR (1951-1955), first Head of the Tenth Main Directorate (Construction of Nuclear Industry facilities) MSM OF the USSR (1955-1974). He was born on December 2, 1907 in the village of Edimonovo, Tver province, in a large peasant family. In 1924 after graduating from high school, he was sent to Komsomol work in his native village. He worked as a secretary of the village Komsomol cell, in 1927-1928 he was a chairman of the agricultural artel in Edimonovo. A member of the CPSU (b) CPSU since 1928. In 1929, he was drafted into the ranks of the Red Army for military service. After demobilization in 1930, he worked in a construction specialty. In 1932, he was again called up to the Red Army and, after completing training courses at the university, entered the construction faculty of the Higher School of Civil Engineering, transformed in 1932. in the Kuibyshev Military Engineering Academy, which he graduated from in 1937. After graduating from the academy, he was sent to the national economy for the construction of the Sredneurapsky copper smelting plant in the city of Revda, where he worked as a foreman, then as the head of construction of this plant. In April. In 1941, he was drafted into the Red Army for the third time, appointed deputy commander of the 468th separate Sapper Battalion in the Baltic Special Military District. Military engineer of the 2nd rank N.N. Volgin participated in the battles of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. From October 1941 to 1944. — commander of the 1391-th separate sapper battalion at the headquarters of the engineering troops of the North-Western Front, then as part of the 11th army of this front. Participant of defensive battles in the Baltic States and in the Novgorod direction, Demyansk and Old Russian offensive operations. In addition to the rapid and high-quality execution of tasks for the construction of defensive structures, pillboxes, bridges, crossings, he repeatedly participated in combat operations. Several times he had to lead a battalion into battle to eliminate breakthroughs of German troops, to hold the defense in the absence of the command of other units. Since 1945 he worked in the Glavpromstroy of the NKVD of the USSR, since 1946 the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR, first as the first deputy head of construction of the Rustavinsky Metallurgical Plant, and then was appointed head of construction of plant No. 12 in the city of Elektrostal. From 1949 to 1953 N.N. Volgin was appointed first Deputy head of the Glavpromstroy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR. From 1953 to 1955 he worked in the Glavneftespetsstroy of the USSR on the construction of the Angarsk plant of artificial liquid fuel and the city of Angarsk and on the construction of the Omsk oil refinery. From 1955 to 1974 he headed the Main Construction Directorate, later renamed the 10th Main Directorate of the Ministry of Medium Engineering of the USSR. On March 7, 1962, N. N. Volgin was awarded the title of Hero of Socialist Labor with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Hammer and Sickle gold medal for the successful completion of the construction of large and complex nuclear industry facilities. On February 22, 1963 he received the rank of Major General of the Engineering and Technical Service.
Address: Moscow, Bolshoy Kazenny lane, 7