Residents and Workers of the Lublinskiy District of Moscow Went to the Front From This Building
On the facade of the house at the address: 48 Lublinskaya str., p. 1 there is a memorial plaque «To the Lublintsy who fell in the Great Patriotic War». The inscription on it reads: «From this House of Culture in 1941-1942, the people of Lublino went to the front to defend their homeland from the Nazi invaders. Never forget the hard moments of farewell… Eternal glory and memory to the fallen in the Great Patriotic War». From this house that people went to the front. By October 16, 1941, in just a couple of days, there were about 10 thousand people in the 4th Moscow Division of the People’s Militia, and since it included many workers, this grouping began to be called a working one. In total, on November 15, there were about 24 thousand people in the group. During the days of greatest danger in the Moscow defense zone, fighter and communist battalions were created 4 divisions, the majority of which were party members, therefore they received the name of the Moscow Communist. In the division that became the 4th Moscow Communist, there was a majority of communists and Komsomol members. The order to form the division was given on October 28 1941, the place of its deployment is the Kuntsevo district, Kutuzovskaya Sloboda. At the Moscow defense lines, individual divisions of the division received their baptism of fire, and the soldiers showed courage and bravery in the battle with the enemy. After the defeat of the Nazi troops near Moscow, the division was sent to the North-Western Front. On the way, an order was received from the Headquarters of the Supreme High Command on February 25, 1942 to rename it the 155th Rifle Division, which then became part of the 22nd Army of the Kalinin Front. The division, its regiments and units were awarded military awards and honorary titles for their steadfastness and courage in defeating the Nazi invaders. By order of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of August 10, 1944, the 155th Rifle Division was awarded the honorary name «Stanislavskaya» for the battles to capture the cities of Stanislav, Stryi, Drohobych, Borislav. By the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of April 5, 1945 the 155th Rifle Division was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
Address: Moscow, Lublinskaya str., 48 p. 1