Stele to rostokintsy who fell defending the Fatherland
The 13th Moscow Rifle Division of the Rostokinskiy District People’s Militia was formed from July 3 to July 6, 1941. The division commander was Colonel P.E. Morozov, head of the department at the M.V. Frunze Military Academy, the military commissar was P.G. Tarasov. From September 26, 1941 – 140th Infantry Division. Rostokinskiy division began to form from the Rostokinskiy district volunteers. It included employees of the Kalibr plant, workers of the tram depot named after Bauman, the “Spring” plant, the mekhkombinat, the Goznak printing house, the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition, teachers and students of schools No. 270 and No. 284, students and VGIK teachers. From October 1, units of the division held off the enemy near Vyazma for 13 days, during which 95% of the fighters were lost. On December 27, the 13th Moscow Rifle Division of the Rostokinskiy District People’s Militia was disbanded as having died at the front. The stele of Rostokintsy who fell defending the Fatherland was installed in the courtyard of the Moscow State Educational Institution «School № 1499 named after Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Arkhipovich Dokukin» (in 1941 – school № 352). It was installed on May 8 2001 in honor of residents of Rostokino – participants of the Great Patriotic War, the Afghan and Chechen wars, defenders of the Motherland. The coat of arms of Moscow is carved in the upper right part of the stele. There is a commemorative inscription below: “Torostokintsywho fell defending the Fatherland». There is an image of Eternal Flame and a laurel branch under the inscription. Materials: granite, cast iron, concrete.
Address: Moscow, Malakhitova str., 15