2nd Regiment of the 4th Division of the People’s Militia of the Kuibyshevskiy District of Mosow was Formed in This Building in 1941
The 4th Moscow Division of the People’s Militia was formed in the Kuibyshevskiy district. The place of its formation is Maliy Kozlovskiy Lane, 6. The fighters of this division were employees of the People’s Commissariat of Trade, the People’s Commissariat of Finance, the People’s Commissariat of Light Industry, the State Planning Committee of the RSFSR, the Central Union, the editorial office and publishing house «Moskovsky Bolshevik», workers of the sewing factory «Krasnaya Sveya» and other enterprises of the district. The division consisted of 3 rifle regiments of a separate communications company, a reconnaissance battalion, and an artillery division. The division had 5,900 fighters and commanders. The division commander from August 25 to October 25 was Colonel S.T. Gladyshev. September 15, 1941 еhe first skirmishes of the division units with the enemy occurred in the village of Zaluchye, then in the area of the village of Turskaya. In one of the first battles, a deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, secretary of the divisional party commission Krasnov, was killed. Reconnaissance groups began to be sent periodically to the enemy’s rear. Reinforced measures were taken against infiltration into the rear of saboteurs disguised in Soviet uniforms from the special purpose regiment «Brandenburg», formed back in 1940. They knew the Russian language well, had Soviet weapons and uniforms. The division was replaced on September 26, 1941 by the 33rd Rifle Division. On the same day, the division was renamed the 110th Rifle Division. A memorial plaque has been installed in memory of the formation of the 2nd regiment of the 4th Division of the People’s Militia of the Kuibyshev district of Moscow.
Address: Moscow, Armenian lane, 4, p. 2