Boris Grigorievich Egorov was a designer of diesel engines, head of OKB-1 of the Transmash plant, Barnaul, Altai Krai. He was a Hero of Social Labour. He was born on June 20 (July 3), 1917 in the city of Spassk, Kazan province, now the city of Bulgarians of the Republic of Tatarstan. He graduated from the Stalingrad Mechanical Institute. He worked as a design engineer in the factory design bureaus of Kharkov and Stalingrad, participated in the development of tank engines since the late 1930s. During the Great Patriotic War, when enemy troops were approaching Stalingrad, in the summer of 1942, as part of the plant and the factory design bureau, it was evacuated to Barnaul, where Plant № 77 for the production of tank engines was established on the basis of a number of evacuated enterprises (later the Mailbox 13 enterprise, Transmash plant, now JSCBarnaul Transportmash”). At this plant, he began working as a master of the assembly shop, made a great contribution to the labor feat of factory workers: already in November 1942, the plant, built in three months on a vacant lot, produced the first V-2 diesel engine for the T-34 tank. After the Victory, he became a leading designer in the department of the chief designer of the plant. One of the leaders of the development of conversion families of D-6 and D-12 engines for the needs of the national economy of the USSR (tractors, tractors, tracked vehicles). Since 1958 – Head of OKB-1 of the Transmash plant. The head of the creation of a family of unified diesel engines UTD-20 (in serial production since 1966), UTD-25. UTD-29 and their numerous modifications. Created under the leadership of B.G. Egorov engines are used in power plants of infantry fighting vehicles (BMP-1, BMP-2, BPM-3), amphibious assault vehicles, border boats, pontoon complexes, diesel-electric installations for civilian purposes and in other military and peaceful equipment. For outstanding achievements in fulfilling the tasks of the seven-year plan and achieving high technical and economic indicators in the work of the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated July 9, 1966, Boris Grigoryevich Egorov was awarded the title Hero of Socialist Labor with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Hammer and Sickle gold medal.
Address: Moscow, Fadeeva str., 5, p. 1